21.4.09

Searching for Something Special…..Somewhere Special!



Designer Mart – Cow’s Lane, Temple Bar!

Ever since I was a child I’ve had a fascination with acquiring unique pieces of jewellery. That one off piece that everyone admires but no one else has! It is surprising then that it has taken me so long to discover the Designer Mart in Temple Bar.

The old city area of Temple Bar is the perfect location for the outdoor Designer Mart. Every Saturday from 10am to 5pm, Cow’s Lane is buzzing with talented artists and designers of clothes and jewellery. Amongst the stalls you will discover a diverse mix of handmade jewellery, original fashion creations and an array of art and crafts.

Last Saturday was the perfect day for a browse around the atmospheric Mart. The sun was shining and there was a pleasant breeze. The traders were refreshingly non-intrusive as I browsed their stalls. They chatted easily with those that wanted advice and there seemed to be a sense of community between them as they discussed how business was. As I heard two foreign girls shriek with delight as they looked through a rack of clothes, I felt proud that Irish designers could cause such a reaction! Yes my morning was successful! I purchased a beautiful pair of earrings. My only disappointment was that the Dublin String Quartet weren’t playing! A friend of mine had been lucky enough to hear them play there several weeks previously! Ah well, it’s always good to have an excuse to return!
Walking Time from Temple Bar Hotel to Cow's Lane - 7 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment