30.7.09

Yamamori on the Quays!



Can you think of anything more annoying than when you make a bad food choice when eating out? You look around the table and all your friends have big happy grins, clearly delighted with the culinary delights that lay in front of them! My competitive disposition usually renders me speechless in this situation, slow to admit that I have not made the best decision amongst us! Normally when this happens I am a little prepared as it’s usually when I go for a completely different dish. But yesterday I was pretty confident I had made a good decision until the dish arrived and it was not what I was expecting! The Tatsuta Age (Ginger Chicken) looked pale and unappetising when it arrived! It tasted somewhat better than it looked but this was perhaps my most disappointing visit to this popular Japanese restaurant yet!

On the upside the service was really friendly and quick which we agreed was a must to sustain a lunch time trade. The restaurant is bright and airy with long wooden tables throughout. On this occasion it was relatively busy but not crowded. The prices were reasonable and the portions are large…..although how much pale chicken can one stomach!!! Ewww!

I have no doubt that I will return to Yamamori again as I have really enjoyed my previous experiences of the restaurant. But here’s hoping my decision will be better next time or maybe the chicken will have been on a sun holiday!
Walking distance from Temple Bar Hotel - 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment